There is a great new organization that has sprung up this last year in the Monterey Bay Area called Monterey Bay Wedding & Event Professionals that is making quite a mark here in the Monterey Bay wedding & event industry.
This organization is dedicated to top-level professionalism and making sure that people have a trusted source to find these service providers. Each new member is hand-picked and sponsored by an MBWEP board member and then must go through a rigorous certification process and interview. It is not easy, and not for everyone.
Here, from the MBWEP website, are some of the highlights of the requirements & code of ethics:
– Hire and train the most professional staff available
– Treat each client fairly and honestly, providing all contracted services in a timely manner
– Use honest and factual advertising
– Have a personal sense of obligation to each individual client
– Do whatever necessary to make sure that the event is a success
– Operate a business that is a credit to the organization and the community
– Do not offer or accept monetary compensation (kickbacks) for referrals or recommendations
– Must have a physical business address in Monterey or Santa Cruz counties
– Must be a licensed, insured business
– Must have been in business for at least two (2) years at the time of application.
– Provide written contract to all clients
I am proud to have been elected to serve on the MBWEP Board Of Directors as the Programs Manager, which means that I am responsible for procuring speakers for our continuing education series, among other things. Having been a speaker on a national level as a DJ/MC company owner, I feel like I have a good understanding of how this kind of operation is supposed to work and am excited to be in a position to bring new knowledge and perspectives to our group.
If you are a local event professional and feel like you can step up and meet this group’s criteria, we invite you to learn more about how you can be part of our organization. Visit our website at mbwep.com for more information!